Gecko Tribe, LLC Affiliate Program Agreement
- You must be at least 18 years old to be a Gecko Tribe affiliate.
- You must have a PayPal.com account with which to recieve your commissions.
- If we have previously terminated your affiliate account, you must obtain authorization before creating a new account.
- Affiliates are independant contractors, not employees or agents of Gecko Tribe, LLC. You must not represent yourself as an employee or agent of Gecko Tribe, LLC.
- NO SPAMMING! Spamming and deceptive promotion methods will NOT be tolerated. Any affiliate found to be using spam email, forum spamming, any illegal methods, etc., will be terminated immediately without payment.
- WHEN DISCLOSURE IS REQUIRED: All affiliate links associated with a RECOMMENDATION of a product MUST be accompanied by a disclosure that they're affiliate links in a manner consistent with the rules of the Federal Trade Commission. Banner ads and other links that appear without a recommendation of the product may be disclosed at your discretion unless otherwise requested or required by law.
- You may post your affiliates links in your webpages, in your emails, etc.
However, affiliate links and promotional material may NOT be posted on sites containing or promoting:
- Any illegal activity or subject material
- Pornography, erotica, or any such "adult" content
- In connection with this affiliate program, and in any webpage or other place where you are posting affiliate links, you may not conduct yourself in a manner which would reflect badly on Gecko Tribe, LLC.
- Commissions will be earned for all non-refunded purchases made by individuals who arrive at a page on our website which supports affiliate tracking via an affiliate link identifying you as the referring affiliate, as long as the tracking of the referral link is not interrupted.
- Referral links are tracked using browser cookies. When a customer clicks an affiliate link, two cookies are sent to their browser: one which expires at the end of their browser session, and one which expires in two weeks. If either is returned by the customer's browser when they click the payment link, the purchase will qualify for commissions.
- In the event that a customer clicks one affiliate's link, and before paying, clicks another affiliate's link, the last affiliate whose link was clicked will receive credit for any subsequent sales.
- You may earn commissions for products which you purchase.
This is allowed primarily to enable website designers to purchase products on behalf of their clients.
However, except when purchasing products on behalf of clients, for whom you will install and configure them,
you may not distribute our products or integrate ordering of our products into your shopping cart or other ordering system.
When purchasing products on behalf of clients, you must purchase a separate product license for each client before installing it on their system.
- NOTE: When installing software for a client for which a free version exists, we recommend installing the free version first (to ensure that it works on their server) and then purchasing the commercial version and overwriting the free version with it. As long as you don't overwrite any configuration files that you have modified, it will not be necessary to repeat the installation process.
- Pages that you can create links to using the tools in the Affiliate Program website will support affiliate tracking. Other pages on our website may or may not support affiliate tracking.
- Commissions will be based on the purchase price of products, less any discounts given. Commissions will not be paid on shipping costs and sales tax.
- If a product for which a commission has been earned is refunded, the affiliate's commission balance will be reduced by the amount that was paid for the original sale. If at the end of the calendar year, you have a negative commission balance of over $25, or if at any time you have a negative commission balance over $100 (due to commissions being paid before sales were refunded), we may at our option require repayment of the negative balance. We will not request repayment from affiliates who consistently refer non-refunded sales.
- The commission percentage will be based on monthly sales volume from the affiliate.
When an affiliate reaches a higher commission tier, the new percentage will apply to all sales from that month.
As of September 1, 2008, the commission schedule is as follows:
- 30% for monthly sales of less than $100.00
- 40% for monthly sales of at least $100.00 but less than $500.00
- 50% for monthly sales of $500.00 or more
- Commissions will be paid when your Payable Commission Balance is at least $25.00 for affiliates who receive their commission payments through PayPal (all new affiliates), and $50.00 for others. If your unpaid commissions total less than that amount, the balance will be carried forward until you reach that total.
- Your Payable Commission Balance is computed as follows:
- No commissions are payable until you have referred at least 4 sales made to at least 3 different individuals. This is to prevent buyers who do not intend to promote the products from abusing the affiliate program simply to get a rebate on their purchase. Once this requirement is met:
- Commissions for sales made before the preceeding month are 100% payable (for example, in June, commissions for all sales made up through the end of April will be payable).
- Commissions for sales made during the previous month are 50% payable for new affiliates -- the other 50% is held in reserve to cover returns and protect against fraud. The reserve percentage may be adjust at our option as you establish a track record with us.
- Commission payments will be sent between the 1st and the 14th of the month.
- Affiliates in the United States of America earning over $500.00 in one calendar year must provide a W-9 form before commissions over $500.00 will be paid.
- You may cancel your membership at any time. If commissions due to you at the time of cancellation are less than $10.00, they will be forfeited. Any larger amounts will be paid out within two months of cancellation.
- We reserve the right to terminate your membership for violation of the terms of this agreement. In the event that your membership is terminated due to a violation, any unpaid commissions will be forfeited.
- We reserve the right to terminate the membership of anyone who, in our sole judgement, might prove detrimental to our business by participating in this program. If no violations of these terms have occurred, we will pay any commissions that would have been paid if the affiliate had cancelled their membership.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Gecko Tribe, LLC, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents and owners in the event of any consequential, incidental, or indirect damages arising from your participation in this program.
- The services covered by these terms are provided as-is with no warranty either express or implied except as explicitly stated on this page.
- We may update the terms of this agreement at any time without notification by posting the updated agreement on this page (https://secure.geckotribe.com/affiliates/terms.php). By continued participation in the program, you agree to the modified terms.
- You agree to pay all court costs and reasonable attorneys fees incurred by Gecko Tribe, LLC, in order to enforce the terms of this agreement.
- Any failure on our part to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not constitute a forfeiture of our right to enforce such provision at a future time.
- This agreement will be construed under the laws of the State of Utah.
- If any provision of this agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force.